Section History

Tennessee Section of the PGA of America

Founded in 1916, the PGA of America is the largest working sports organization in the world, comprised of dedicated men and women serving as the experts in the game and business of golf.  Our mission is to promote the enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry.

 

The Tennessee Section, chartered in 1968, is one of 41 geographic Sections that make up the PGA of America.  Our members are often referred to as “Club Professionals,” who serve as experts in the ever-changing business of golf and are the leading players, teachers, skilled business managers, community leaders, and superior merchandisers who have dedicated their careers to this great game of golf.

 

The Tennessee Section PGA encompasses the entire State of Tennessee, plus one county (Desoto) in eastern Mississippi, two counties in northwest Georgia (Catoosa and Walker), and five in southwest Virginia (Lee, Russell, Scott, Washington and Wise).   The Section office is located in Franklin, Tennessee and acts as a resource for local and national golf information for the golf professional and amateur player alike. Regional Directors for Golf House Tennessee are currently located in Johnson City (Tri-Cities Chapter), Knoxville (Knoxville Chapter), Chattanooga (Chattanooga Chapter), and Memphis (West Tennessee Chapter).